Your roof protects everything within your house. Muehlebach Roofing is prepared to keep your roof functioning at it’s best. If a new roof isn’t in your budget, often repairs can save you a lot of damage until you are ready for a re-roof. A general inspection will reveal the extent of your damage and we can report the life span extension available through both a repair and a re-roof. We are an honest roofing contractor. If your damage is beyond repair, we will let you know instead of wasting your money. Our customers are our biggest asset. We want your trust and repeat business.
Muehlebach recommends the following precautions to safeguard your home and prevent damage to your roof from storms, strong winds and heavy rainfall:
- Check for leaks before they happen. Even minor roof leaks that go unnoticed can become a big problem when a major weather event or storm hits. To detect leaks, look on interior walls and ceilings for stains and water damage that indicate a leak occurred. Also, take a flashlight into the attic during the next rainstorm and check for leaks on the underside of the roof deck and rafters.
- Keep nature in check. Fallen tree branches or those that scrape against a roof can cause significant damage. Cut back large branches extending over roofs, and have a professional inspect your yard for trees that should be removed altogether. Also, clean out gutters and roof valleys clogged with leaves, branches or litter. Clogs can prevent water from draining properly.
- Do preventive maintenance. Contact a professional roofing contractor to inspect your roof, and make needed repairs to flashing, caulking and shingles before the winter or storm season arrives. Most leaks occur where roofs meet sidewalls and around penetrations such as skylights, vent pipes and chimneys. Missing or broken shingles can be individually replaced, and loose shingle tabs can be re-adhered with an application of asphalt roofing cement.If your home needs roof repair. Don’t delay until after the winter or storm season. The cost of replacing a roof is only a fraction of the potential loss that could result to a home’s interior, furnishings and possessions.
- Choose roofing system products for the best performance and protection. Be sure to use roof repair products, including water-resistant and/or waterproofing underlayments, shingles and accessories that meet or exceed performance standards set by ASTM, UL or building codes. Choose products that protect your home from the weather and elements that are specific to your geographic location.
- Snow zone: Select a superior quality waterproofing underlayment, such as CertainTeed WinterGuard.
- High wind or hurricane area: Select a shingle that is warranted to withstand wind speeds of 110 or 130 mph.
- Hail storm region: Select a shingle that is rated as impact-resistant to increase your protection and obtain discounted homeowners insurance that many insurance companies offer. CertainTeed offers several impact resistant shingles such as Landmark™ Specialand Presidential Shake TL Impact Resistant shingles.